Oomnitza's Winter 2022 Release Notes: Rapid Implementation
Oomnitza’s suite of integrations, features, and tools continues to rapidly expand, with dozens of different connectors and hundreds of API Presets and other integrations available. To keep up with the rapid proliferation of these and other features, Oomnitza has focused our Winter release on providing tools to streamline setup and implementation. These features support the addition and management of new and existing integrations, and provide more flexibility and transparency into Oomnitza’s already robust suite of tools.
Setting up connectors can be complex. Customization, configuration, scheduling, mapping data, and interconnecting. Not to mention the key data that you need to manage your assets, software, and people. With each connector that you add, the data that is being managed increases exponentially.
Oomnitza makes managing connectors easy! Check out the following new features which provide you with a single pane view of connector operations and much more:
- The settings page now displays a timeline that provides a single view of all extended connectors, scheduled workflows, and their frequencies.
- Extended connectors can now be easily upgraded to the latest version.
- Connectors now allow for test runs that retrieve and parse data from the source system, then allow it to be downloaded and reviewed before any data is pushed to Oomnitza.
- Connector metadata such as region or server (depending on the source system) can be mapped to fields on assets or users, allowing you to create more dynamic workflows.
- Default connector mappings are now highlighted more clearly.
It’s important to be able to set up quickly, and as Oomnitza grows, the setup experience must not be compromised regardless of how many connectors, workflows, or customizations you’re creating. To ensure that setup is effortless, Oomnitza has made the following improvements:
- Oomnitza has added a Quick Start wizard that makes the initial setup experience, such as setting up connectors and workflows, importing data, and configuration, a breeze.
- Best Practices have been moved to the settings module.
- Changes to Global Settings are now logged.
- Changes to field customization are now logged.
- Oomnitza already offers over 30 best practices, mostly focused on integrations, and will continue to add more as they’re developed.
Organizations face the unique challenge of normalizing data across all the software solutions that they use. Doing so requires multiple forms of data ingestion from numerous SaaS systems, SSO systems, User Management Systems, and direct retrieval of installed software via MDM systems. Oomnitza continues to add new solutions to ingest and process software information to increase the scope of what can be managed through our Software Module, and making that management easier and more powerful. To that end, we’ve added:
- The ability to import SaaS and Desktop software from CSV files.
- More mapping options when pulling data from SaaS SSO systems to create more robust user data.
- License keys and user assignments can now be uploaded to Desktop Software Multi Key Contracts
- SaaS Role details can now be exported
- Software can now be exported from a user’s profile.
Software Analytics Improvements
In Oomnitza’s last release, we added an Analytics tab to the SaaS module to gain greater insights into software usage. This release continues to make improvements to that module.
- Individual sync details can now be seen, allowing administrators to see to see which records were skipped and why they were skipped.
- A graph of SaaS usage has been added.
Oomnitza continues to improve usability with the following enhancements.
- Saved Searches can now be made for specific roles.
- When creating a workflow notification that should be sent to a role, users will be shown how many users the email will be sent to.
- Oomnitza administrators can now track the subscriptions that users are subscribed to.
- Oomnitza administrators can now export accessory and asset details from stockrooms.
- Oomnitza administrators can now view the history of archived assets.
- Users can specify their time zone.
- Users without a photo now display a gender neutral icon.
- Time zones can now be specified during imports to help avoid 1-day-behind issues when UTC timestamps are imported.
Oomnitza continues to add more Extended Connectors to its catalog of integrations. In this release, 21 new extended connectors were added with presets that will help you create workflows that automate complex tasks.
- Calendly Users with presets for inviting users, getting a user's details, removing users, and retrieving the SaaS user role and deactivating SaaS users.
- CrowdStrike Falcon Assets and Users with presets for adding or removing device tags, changing usernames, changing and removing user roles, deleting users, performing device actions, and retrieving the SaaS user role and deactivating SaaS users.
- Datadog Users with presets for deleting a user, retrieving the SaaS user role and deactivating SaaS users.
- Dropbox Users with presets for deactivating and deleting users in Dropbox, and retrieving the SaaS user role and deactivating SaaS users.
- Expensify Users
- Gong Users
- HubSpot Users with presets for creating and updating user records, getting user record details, and deleting user records.
- Intercom Users with presets for deactivating and deleting users, and getting a SaaS user's role and deactivating SaaS users.
- Jamf Users with presets for adding and updating user records, getting user details, deactivating users, and deleting users.
- LastPass Users with presets for deactivating and deleting users, changing master passwords and resetting password, re-inviting users, and getting a SaaS user's role and deactivating SaaS users.
- Lever Users with presets for deleting users and getting a SaaS user's role and deactivating SaaS users.
- Litmos Users with presets for retrieving SaaS user roles and deactivating SaaS users.
- Lucidchart Enterprise (SCIM) Users & Lucidchart Account Users with presets for deleting users and for retrieving SaaS user roles and deactivating SaaS users.
- Microsoft Visual Studio Users
- Miro Users with presets for retrieving the SaaS user role and for deactivating SaaS users.
- NetSuite Users with presets for deleting users, getting a user's details, updating users, getting a SaaS user's role and deactivating SaaS users.
- New Relic Assets and Users with presets for getting device details, deleting devices, getting a user's details, and retrieving the SaaS user role and deactivating SaaS users.
- Postman Users with presets for deactivating and reactivating users and retrieving the SaaS user role and deactivating SaaS users.
- Puppet Assets & Users with presets for getting information about nodes and deleting users.
- Rapid7 Assets & Users with presets for deleting an asset, getting users assigned to an asset, getting an asset's details, getting asset tags, assigning a tag to an asset, deleting a tag for an asset, unlocking a user's account, resetting a user's password, getting a user's details, and updating a user's details.
- Tenable Assets & Users with presets for adding assets, getting an asset's details, deleting assets, adding asset tags, getting tag details, deleting asset tags, getting a list of scans, getting the details of a scan, adding users,getting user details, updating user details, and deleting users.